Living in the UAE, we all know how the sun can literally burn our skin once we step on the road. Imagine what happens to our cars, which spend their entire day on the road.
When UV rays from sun touch the car, both the interior and exterior are affected and cause drying and flaking of the car paint, premature aging and permanent damage of the vehicle. To protect your car under the scorching sun, we thought of compiling a list of tips for you. The list was originally posted on automobile blog, Shining Star.
- Park your cars under shade, be it a parking a lot or a tree. Sometimes, when the traffic is at peak hours and we can’t find a good parking place, we park cars under the sun which can damage both the exterior and interior.
- Get in a habit of washing your car on a regular basis, this will wipe away dust and residue particles on your vehicle.
- Waxing your car will also prevent it from excessive heating as UV rays are reflected instead of being absorbed on a waxed vehicle.
- Put shades on your window panes to protect the interior of your car. UV rays will be redirected and damage of plastic components will be minimized.
- Use chemical protectants on your dashboard to keep the surface safe from sun rays.
- As UVA rays penetrate glass, use UV protective window tints which block 99.9% of the rays from damaging he interior of your car.
So this summer, do not let your car suffer under the sun, rather make use of all these tips to give your car a long life.